Our classes will still be held over Zoom for those of you that cannot or do not want to travel to Manchester. The first class of the semester will be hybrid (in-person and over Zoom at same time). The second class will be Zoom-only. The rest of the classes will alternate in the same way thereafter – hybrid followed by Zoom-only. So, all odd weeks of the semester ( Weeks 1,3,5,7 … 15) will be in-classroom and Zoom, and all even weeks (Weeks 2,4,6,8 …14) will be Zoom-only.
Class begins on September 18th, 2023 and runs 15 weeks, Mondays.
Class begins at 6:30 pm and runs until 8:30 pm.
This class is designed for students age 15+ years old.
What Will I Learn?
This class is for learners who have never taken a German class before or for those that feel that they need to restart at the very beginning. The class is structured around communication, and you will learn the basics: introductions, greetings, both formal and informal language, and simple conversation. Though the focus is on language, instruction will include substantial information and discussion about the German -speaking cultures.
- Class Material: The class uses both the classbook and the workbook, level A1. You can choose to purchase the class book and workbook separately or combined in one book, and the purchase options are below. This class is starting with Chapter 1.
- Panorama A1 Cornelsen Publisher. Covers chapters 1-16
- Classbook ISBN 978-3-06-120482-2
- Workbook ISBN 978-3-06-120560-7
- Panorama A1 complete class & workbook in one book. chapter 1-16 ISBN 978-3-06-121084-7
- Panorama A1.1 chapters 1-8 Class & Workbook ISBN 978-3-06-120300-9
- Panorama A1.2 chapters 9-16 Class & Workbook ISBN 978-3-06-120301-6
- Learn basic greetings in German
- Learn to construct basic sentences so you can understand questions like “Where do you live?” and be able to answer back.
- Though the focus is on language, instruction will include substantial information and discussion about the German speaking cultures.
- Understand how to count in German as well as months, and a bit around the clock and time.
- Learn the German alphabet as well as how to sound out special non-English letters like ö and ü.
This course is designed for students have one year of German or equivalent.