Our classes will still be held over Zoom for those of you that cannot or do not want to travel to Manchester. The first class of the semester will be hybrid (in-person and over Zoom at same time). The second class will be Zoom-only. The rest of the classes will alternate in the same way thereafter – hybrid followed by Zoom-only. So, all odd weeks of the semester ( Weeks 1,3,5,7 … 15) will be in-classroom and Zoom, and all even weeks (Weeks 2,4,6,8 …14) will be Zoom-only.
Class begins on September 18th, 2023 and runs 15 weeks, Mondays.
Class begins at 6:30 pm and runs until 8:30 pm.
This class is designed for students age 15+ years old.
What Will I Learn?
At this level, students should be able to conduct basic conversations in the German language. Building upon the basic foundations, students will continue to learn grammatical concepts such as verbs with separable prefixes, accusative and dative cases.
- Materials: The class uses both the classbook and the workbook, level A2. You can choose to purchase the class book and workbook separately or combined in one book, and the purchase options are below. The class will start on chapter 9. Book goes through chapter 16.
- A2.2 Cornelsen Publisher. A2.2 covers chapters 9-16.
- Kursbuch A2.2 ISBN 978-3-06-120493-8
- Übungsbuch A2.2. ISBN 978-3-06-120478-5
- This class will also do readings outside of the class book and work on vocabulary and reading comprehension. This class will also focus on speaking, both in formal and informal conversations.
- This is a multi-level class for those moving out of beginner courses and need a bigger challenge and more immersion.
Students should be able to conduct simple conversations and dialogues in German. Having taken Beginner’s German 3 (A1.2) is a good first step before moving into Intermediate German 1.