Due to COVID-19, this course will be taught over Zoom for the upcoming semester.
Class begins on February 13th, 2023 and runs 15 weeks, Mondays.
Class begins at 6:30 pm and runs until 8:30 pm.
This class is designed for students age 15+ years old.
What Will I Learn?
At this level, students should be able to conduct basic conversations in the German language. Building upon the basic foundations, students will continue to learn grammatical concepts such as verbs with separable prefixes, accusative and dative cases.
- Materials: The class uses both the classbook and the workbook, level A2. You can choose to purchase the class book and workbook separately or combined in one book, and the purchase options are below. We will begin on Chapter 5.
- Panorama A2.1 chapters 1-8 class & workbook ISBN 978-3-06-121085-4
- Panorama A2.2 chapters 9-16 class & workbook ISBN 978-3-06-121086-1
- A2 Gesamtband class & workbook together chapters 1-16 ISBN 978-3-06-121085-4
- This class will also do readings outside of the class book and work on vocabulary and reading comprehension. This class will also focus on speaking, both in formal and informal conversations.
- This is a multi-level class for those moving out of beginner courses and need a bigger challenge and more immersion.
Students should be able to conduct simple conversations and dialogues in German. Having taken Beginner’s German 3 (A1.2) is a good first step before moving into Intermediate German 1.