Due to COVID-19, this course will be taught over Zoom for the upcoming semester.
Class begins on February 9th, 2022 and runs 15 weeks, Wednesdays.
Class begins at 6:30 pm and runs until 8:30 pm.
This class is designed for students age 15+ years old.
What Will I Learn?
Students should be able to conduct simple conversations and dialogues in German. Grammatical concepts such as dative and accusative cases, separable prefix verbs, reflexive pronouns, and subordinate clauses will be covered.
The class uses both the class book and the workbook, level A2. You can choose to purchase the class book and workbook separately or combined in one book, and the purchase options are below. The class will start on chapter 10. Book goes through chapter 16.
- Panorama A2.1 chapters 1-8 class & workbook ISBN 978-3-06-121085-4
- Panorama A2.2 chapters 9-16 class & workbook ISBN 978-3-06-121086-1
- A2 Gesamtband class & workbook together chapters 1-16 ISBN 978-3-06-121085-4
- The class is focused on communication and culture and language, which at this level, are all intertwined.
- Simple conversations and dialogues in German
- Grammatical concepts
The skill level demanded of this course is A2 and above. This course is intended for those moving out of beginner courses, are ready to construct bigger sentences and converse with other students on various topics.
You’ll find a challenge in learning and adapting to different tenses of speaking as you listen and speak about things you are working on now, things you did last week, and things you’re planning to do tomorrow.
This course will challenge the skills of B1 and higher and is great for more advanced students that have become “rusty” in the language due to lack of use.