Due to COVID-19, this course will be taught over Zoom for the upcoming semester.
Class begins on February 3rd, 2021 and runs 15 weeks, Wednesdays.
Class begins at 6:30 pm and runs until 8:30 pm.
This class is designed for students age 15+ years old.
What Will I Learn?
This class challenges learners to use their listening skills as well as using the spoken and written word. The class is structured around various forms of multimedia that give learners the opportunity to learn and listen to everyday language, learning vocabulary and new grammar skills along the way. Students will improve their skills while learning about various aspects of German speaking culture.
- Materials: Course book will be assigned on first day.
- Topics covered in class range from geography to history to culture and more!
- Use various modes of media in class to enhance learning environment.
- More complicated conversations, past-tense, and some of the standard “exceptions to the rules” rules of the German language.
- Get to learn about the students around you as they describe their own personal experiences to the class while speaking German.
The skill level demanded of this course is B1 and above. This course is intended for those moving out of beginner courses, are ready to construct bigger sentences and converse with other students on various topics.
You’ll find a challenge in learning and adapting to different tenses of speaking as you listen and speak about things you are working on now, things you did last week, and things you’re planning to do tomorrow.
This course will challenge the skills of B1 and higher and is great for more advanced students that have become “rusty” in the language due to lack of use.