Due to COVID-19, this course will be taught over Zoom for the upcoming semester.
Class begins on February 1st, 2021 and runs 15 weeks, Mondays.
Class begins at 6:30 pm and runs until 8:30 pm.
This class is designed for students age 15+ years old.
What Will I Learn?
Building on what you learned in Beginner’s German 1, in this course you will learn how to express yourself adequately in familiar, everyday situations and to read and understand simple texts.
Consolidating and reviewing basic grammar structures, learning to lead discussions, and giving opinions on interesting topics like food, modes of transportation, office life and appointments, health and fitness etc. Speaking, listening, reading and writing will be given equal importance for the German language acquisition.
- Materials: Uses both the class book and the workbook, level A1. You can choose to purchase the class book and workbook separately or combined in one book, and the purchase options are below. This class is starting with Chapter 10
- Panorama A1 Cornelsen Publisher. Covers chapters 1-16
- Classbook ISBN 978-3-06-120482-2
- Workbook ISBN 978-3-06-120560-7
- Panorama A1 complete class & workbook in one book. chapter 1-16 ISBN 978-3-06-121084-7
- Panorama A1.1 chapters 1-8 Class & Workbook ISBN 978-3-06-120300-9
- Panorama A1.2 chapters 9-16 Class & Workbook ISBN 978-3-06-120301-6
- Consolidating and reviewing basic grammar structures.
- Learning to lead discussions.
- Giving opinions on interesting topics like food, modes of transportation, office life and appointments, health, fitness, etc.
- Speaking, listening, reading and writing will be given equal importance for the German language acquisition.
This course assumes you’ve become comfortable with Beginner’s German 1 or similar skill level and are ready to move onto new challenges.