Due to COVID-19, this course will be taught over Zoom for the upcoming semester.
Class begins on September 21st, 2022 and runs 15 weeks, Wednesdays.
Class begins at 6:30 pm and runs until 8:30 pm.
This class is designed for students age 15+ years old.
What Will I Learn?
Building on what you learned in Beginner’s German 1, in this course you will learn how to express yourself adequately in familiar, everyday situations and to read and understand simple texts.
- Materials: The class uses both the class book and the workbook, level A1. You can choose to purchase the class book and workbook separately or combined in one book, and the purchase options are below.
- Panorama A1 Cornelsen Publisher. Covers chapters 1-16
- Classbook ISBN 978-3-06-120482-2
- Workbook ISBN 978-3-06-120560-7
- Panorama A1 complete class & workbook in one book. chapter 1-16 ISBN 978-3-06-121084-7
- Panorama A1.1 chapters 1-8 Class & Workbook ISBN 978-3-06-120300-9
- Panorama A1.2 chapters 9-16 Class & Workbook ISBN 978-3-06-120301-6
- Learn the basics: introductions, greetings, both formal and informal language, and simple conversation.
- Speaking, listening, reading and writing will be given equal importance for the German language acquisition.
- Consolidating and reviewing basic grammar structures, learning to lead discussions, and giving opinions on interesting topics like food, modes of transportation, office life and appointments, health and fitness etc.
This course assumes you’ve become comfortable with Beginner’s German 1 or similar skill level and are ready to move onto new challenges.